Connect with us

JOB

Chelsea striker Diego Costa wants return to Atletico Madrid

Published

on

Diego Costa has told Atletico Madrid he wants to sign for them again.
The Chelsea striker revealed on June 8 that he had received a message from manager Antonio Conte telling him he was not in his plans at Stamford Bridge for next season.


If Costa moved back to Atletico he would not be able to play until January because FIFA has banned them from registering players during this transfer window.
Costa, 28, scored 20 goals in 35 league appearances in their title-winning campaign last season,

The London club signed Costa from Atletico three years ago for £32m when Jose Mourinho was manager.
Following Spain’s 2-2 draw with Colombia at the beginning of the month, Costa said: “I’m a Chelsea player, but they do not want me there.

“Antonio Conte has told me by message that I do not follow at Chelsea and that’s it. Conte said he did not count on me for next season.

“It’s a shame, I’ve already forwarded the message to Chelsea people to decide. But it is clear that the coach does not count on me and does not want me there.”
The Spain international has always stated a desire to one day return to Atletico where he played between 2010-2014.

Conte repeatedly said during the season he could not guarantee Costa would stay, but Conte continued to pick his top scorer in the Premier League finale.

Costa missed Chelsea’s trip to Leicester in January when Sky sources said a training-ground row ended with Conte telling the player to “go to China”.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

JOB

Man kills mother after impregnating his cousin.

Published

on

A 25-year-old man who has been identified as Agaezichi Ogbonna from Akpaa Mbato village in Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State has reportedly killed his 52-year-old mother after allegedly impregnating his cousin.
According to Southern City News , it was learnt on Tuesday that following the development, angry youths in Akpaa Mbato village descended on Ogbonna, but for the timely intervention of the soldiers attached to a nearby checkpoint, the suspect would have been lynched.
An anonymous source disclosed that Ogbonna, who is said to be the last son of his mother, was allegedly accused of having sexual affairs with sisters of the same parents at his maternal home.
He was said to have impregnated one of them in the process, an act which the villagers, said was a taboo in their community and Igbo land in general.
It was learnt that defiant Ogbonna was said to have ignored the warning of the community to continue sleeping with one of the sisters whose name was simply identified as Ugochi, which did not go down well with his sick mother.
The source said,

“Ogbonna’s mother who was managing her high blood pressure condition angered by the son’s action and the negative effect his abominable act would bring to the family, decided to raise the alarm after she noticed that her son was sleeping with Ugochi.
“In the heat of an argument with the mother, Ogbonna kicked her on her ribs which aggravated her health condition. She was said to have collapsed and died shortly afterwards when some members of the family who came to her rescue tried to stabilise her.”

A member of the community, who also pleaded anonymity, said that on seeing that the mother had died, Ogbonna tried to run away, but was prevented.
The source said when the news filtered into the community; the youths stormed their compound and took Ogbonna to unknown destination.
The family source said the youths after beating Ogbonna to a pulp was on the verge of setting him ablaze when soldiers, who were alerted, rescued him from the villagers who had already hung tyre on his neck and about to pour fuel on him.
A soldier at the Akpaa Mbato Army checkpoint said they mobilised to the scene to save the suspect from jungle justice when they were alerted to the action the youths of the community were about to take.

Continue Reading

JOB

Video game addiction now a mental disorder, says WHO

Published

on

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has classified compulsive gaming as a mental health condition.
The condition tagged ‘gaming disorder’ will be added to the 11th edition of WHO’s International Classification of Diseases.
It will describe the disorder as “impaired control over gaming, increasing priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests and daily activities, and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences”.
A WHO representative estimated two to three percent of video game players meet the criteria for gaming disorder.
“For gaming disorder to be diagnosed, the behaviour pattern must be of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning,” WHO said.
Several mental health professionals have been fighting this classification, worried that it’s more grounded in moral concerns than science.
“There was a fairly widespread concern that this is a diagnosis that doesn’t really have a very solid research foundation,” said Christopher Ferguson, a psychologist and media researcher at Stetson University in DeLand.
The American Psychiatric Association also said that there was not “sufficient evidence” to consider gaming addiction as a “unique mental disorder”.
WHO had said in December 2017 that it will recognise the effects of obsessive video gaming as a mental health disorder.

Continue Reading

JOB

BREAKING!! Egypt vs Uruguay: Mo Salah Missing As Teams Release First Eleven In FIFA World Cup Match

Published

on

See first eleven for Egypt and Uruguay

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: