As reported by dailypostng Conte said the Spaniard suffered a fresh injury blow in training which has ruled him out of Chelsea’s Premier League clash against West Brom.
Conte told Sky Sports: “Alonso in training on Saturday twisted his ankle. He has this injury and for this reason today he is not playing.
“And then as you know very well, a lot of times I change Gary [Cahill] for [Antonio] Rudiger and I think the defenders we have give us different options to pick the best solution, and in this case, I decided to take this decision.”
“If you remember on Friday during the press conference I said I didn’t know, I was really worried about his physical condition.
“I didn’t know if he needed one day, one month or a long time to recover.
“Then on Saturday I tried to persuade him to stay with us and have the training session with us and he trained with us on Saturday and yesterday. And now I think it is right to come on the bench and then if there is the necessity or the opportunity to play for 20 minutes.”
BRAZILIAN FOOTBALL GREAT! Ronaldinho is getting married to two women in August
Former footballer turn politician, Ronaldinho, will in August this year marry his two live-in lovers at the same time..
According to reports, the football legend will tie the knot with his pair of “fiancees”, Priscilla Coelho and Beatriz Souza, at a private ceremony inside the Santa Monica condominium, in the upmarket Barra da Tijuca district in Rio, where he has lived since 2015, according to the columnist, from Brazil’s O Dia newspaper.
The two women have been living “harmoniously” with the former Barcelona star since December at his £5million Rio de Janeiro mansion, according to reports.
Ronaldinho started dating Beatriz in 2016, but continued his relationship with Priscilla, which began several years earlier.
Reports say Priscilla Coelho and Beatriz Souza receive an “allowance” of around £1,500 from the footballer to spend as they wish.
He also reportedly always gives the two the exact same presents, including recently buying them the same perfume during a trip abroad together.
Former World Player of the Year Ronaldinho asked both for their hands in marriage in January last year and gave them both engagement rings, according to Brazilian columnist Leo Dias.
However, a number of people are reportedly not happy with the star’s unorthodox lifestyle. His sister, Deisi, who is against her brother’s polygamy, has already said she won’t be attending.
The Brazilian Republican Party, which Ronaldinho wants to represent in a forthcoming election, have privately voiced concerns that the star’s choices could harm his chances at the ballot box.
Brazilian singer Jorge Vercillo, who is Ronaldinho’s neighbour, has reportedly been confirmed as responsible for the wedding music and one of many celebrity friends who will be attending the nuptials.
2018 World Cup: Maradona blasts Argentine team, speaks on Super Eagles
Argentina legend, Diego Maradona has said that his country may not beat the Super Eagles and the other teams in Group D of the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Maradona once again criticized national team boss, Jorge Sampaoli.
The legendary footballer said this in an interview with Abu Dhabi Sport on Wednesday.
He criticised Sampaoli’s tactics and acknowledged that the Super Eagles, Iceland and Croatia will not be easy opponents.
He said, ”I have many doubts, many doubts. Hopefully it goes well already in the first round. It’s Iceland, Nigeria and Croatia, and it’s not easy, it’s not easy.
”With a team that has no experience, that has no leader, that has no game plan … It seems to me that we are risking a lot of prestige, that we win, and that we are throwing it away.
”I got news from Argentina that he wants to play 2-3-3-2. It’s ridiculous, it was played in 1930.”
The Super Eagles of Nigeria will face Argentina in their final Group D fixture at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg on June 26, 2018.
How Unai Emery beat 7 other coaches to clinch Arsenal job
Arsenal CEO, Ivan Gazidis, has revealed that new manager Unai Emery, was selected after they interviewed a total of eight managers.
Gazidis stated this on Wednesday during Emery’s unveiling as Arsene Wenger’s successor.
According to him, the club set up a three man committee that included Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi, to decide who their head coach would be.
“I know that [Emery] came as a bit of a surprise and perhaps there was one or two rewrites necessary [in the press]. Those who know won’t speak & those who speak won’t know.
“We formed a three-person committee lead by me with Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi. We wanted progressive, entertaining football, a personality that fits Arsenal’s values and a record of developing young players – pushing players and demanding more from them.
“We analysed and looked through, on the basis that every coach in the world would be interested and made a long list of eight coaches, all of whom were interested and who took place in extensive, in-depth interviews with the three of us. None of them withdrew their interest.
“We interviewed Unai on the 10th of May, as part of that process, making a unanimous recommendation to the board on the 18th of May, with a 100-page dossier that supported his candidacy.
“We met with London-based members of the board this week and then flew to Atlanta to meet Stan and Josh Kroenke. All of the board members were energised by the recommendation & enthusiastically supported it,” Gazidis said.
Emery has signed a two-year deal with the option for a third with the Gunners.
Lifestyle3 hours ago
South African woman defiantly exposes her breasts after she was blocked by Twitter for going topless, says “I’m not ashamed of who I am”
Lifestyle22 hours ago
Top 10 Countries Where Government Beg Citizens To Have More Sex
Entertainment22 hours ago
I SENT HER MONEY WHEN SHE WAS LANGUISHING IN PRISON! Linda Ikeji mocks Kemi Olunloyo, shows off baby bump
Entertainment22 hours ago
Bobrisky breaks silence on why he dresses like ladies, new boobs, monthly income
Sports22 hours ago
PROFILE: Usman Mohammed: Scorer of Nigeria’s wonder goal against Atletico Madrid
Metro News22 hours ago
Court orders Metuh’s trial in absentia over misconduct
News22 hours ago
$16bn power project: Refer Obasanjo to EFCC, SERAP tells Buhari
News22 hours ago
Nigerians react to Buhari’s controversial comment on Abacha