Connect with us

HEALTH

Yusuf Buhari returns to Nigeria after treatment abroad

Published

on

Spread the love

President Muhammadu Buhari’s only son, Yusuf, returned to the country on Monday after undergoing further treatment overseas.

This Day reports that Yusuf is in a better shape now and is expected to resume his normal life.

When contacted about the president’s son’s return, Buhari’s Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, declined to comment on the issue.

“The boy has a right to his private life. We can’t be talking about him and his movement,” he said.

Just last week, Buhari’s Special Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie, reacted to reports claiming that Yusuf was dead.

On her Twitter page, she wrote: “The news making the rounds regarding Yusuf Buhari, son of Pres. Buhari & Aisha Buhari, is Fake.

“He is very alive, to their shame.”

Recall that Yusuf suffered brain injury after he was involved in a bike accident on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 .

It is believed he was flown out to Germany to continue his treatment, after undergoing successful emergency surgery at the Cedarcrest Hospitals in Abuja.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ECONOMY

HOSPITALS’ SHUTDOWN AMID EBOLA NEXT DOOR: So much fear inside us

Published

on

Spread the love

The nation’s health sector is in crisis. With the shutdown of federal and state health facilities, patients are groaning. The situation is dicey. Reason: The facilities mostly serve the common man who doesn’t have the resources to access medical care in private hospitals. Meanwhile, his accessing healthcare in public institutions now is like the camel passing through the eye of the needle because the institutions have been shut down by striking health workers.

Continue Reading

HEALTH

FG ‘yet to refund’ £200,000 used for Ekwueme’s treatment

Published

on

Spread the love

The federal government has reportedly not refunded the £200,000 used in the treatment of the late former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme.
Ekwueme died in a London hospital in November 2017, at the age 85.
Prior to that, the federal government had
undertaken to fund his medical treatment abroad. Upon his death, it also set up a committee to oversee his burial.
However, six months after, one of the persons involved in the events surrounding Ekwueme’s treatment and burial has said the family is yet to get the money it used in treating the late icon — a claim the federal government has denied.
Emmanuel Chukwuma, the archbishop of Enugu ecclesiastical province, Anglican communion, who is said to be a counselor to the family, told Daily Sun that the federal government “delayed” the payment, forwarding the money after the family had done so.
He also said the hospital had to return the money to the government but Ekwueme’s family is yet to get a refund, six months after.
“A lot of things are wrong in this administration … Right now, the money meant for Ekwueme’s treatment is not yet released,” the newspaper quoted him as saying.
“The hospital has returned the money but government has refused to release it back to the family. Over 200,000 pounds and so on and so forth. They delayed in paying the medical bill of late Ekwueme until the family paid the bill to the London clinic.
“When the London clinic was paid by government after the family had paid, the hospital said the family had paid and returned the money to the Central Bank. Now, the money, which CBN should refund to Ekwueme’s family is now being held.
“This money has been signed out. Where is the medical bill refund released by the Central Bank of Nigeria, which was returned by London clinic? That is the question, where is it? It should be refunded to the family and if this doesn’t happen, I am going to speak more and this is going to cause serious scandal for the federal government.”
FG SAYS ‘NO TRUTH’ IN THE BISHOP’S CLAIMS
The newspaper said it was not able to get replies from both the CBN and Lai Mohammed, minister of information, regarding the matter.
But Chris Ngige, minister of labour, who was the deputy chairman of the committee that oversaw Ekwueme’s burial, was quoted as saying Chukwuma’s claims are false.
He also denied that the hospital bill was up to £200,000.
He reportedly told Daily Sun: “No truth in that at all … the bill was not up to that but FG picked the entire bill and other ancillary bills like air ambulance, casket, etc. I’m deputy chair of FG burial committee hence in a position to know.”

Continue Reading

HEALTH

19 JOHESU members involved in auto crash

Published

on

Spread the love

At least 19 members of the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) sustained injuries in an accident along the Benin-Auchi Road on Saturday.
The workers are said to be staff of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) chapter of the union.
According to Channels, 40 of the health workers were on their way to a function in Auchi when the accident occurred.
The injured victims were subsequently rushed to the Otibho Okhai Hospital in Irrua, Edo state, where they were being treated by doctors and consultants on duty.
Esteem Tagar, president of the association of resident doctors at Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital, who confirmed the incident, said no life was lost in the accident.
The union has been on strike since April 17.
Part of the health workers’ demands include upward review of their salaries to be at same level with the doctors, a request both the federal government and the doctors kicked against.
Others are improved facilities, employment of additional health professionals, implementation of court judgments, upward review of retirement age from 60 to 65 years, and harmonisation of salaries of all healthcare workers in the country.
The National Industrial Court in Abuja, on Thursday, ordered the health workers to resume work within 24 hours but JOHESU asked its members to continue with the strike.
The union has “relaxed” its strike in Lagos, Kano, Yobe and Niger states, but called on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack Isaac Adewole, minister of health, for allegedly taking sides with doctors in the ongoing strike.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Green Parrot News. Powered by Chov Innovation Hub (CIH).

%d bloggers like this: