Connect with us

JOB

FRSC begins recruitment process, announces requirements for applicants

Published

on

Gunmen Attack FRSC Office In Zamfara

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has announced the commencement of its nationwide recruitment exercise and has opened its portal to receive applications.
The FRSC says “qualified candidates” can apply for employment into the following positions; officer cadre, marshal inspectorate (MI) cadre, and road marshal assistant cadre.
According to Bisi Kazeem, the corps spokesman, candidates for the officer cadre are expected to possess a first degree, NYSC discharge certificates, and must not be more than 30 years old.
For the marshal inspectorate cadre, he said there are three subcategories namely, marshal inspector I, marshal inspector II, and marshal inspector III. He said the requirements for MI-I are higher national diploma, NYSC discharge certificates, registered nurse and midwife, and must equally not be above age 30.
The requirements for MI-II are Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE), registered nurse or registered midwife. Applicants to this cadre, he said, must not be more than 28 years old.
Applicants for MI-III must possess national diploma, community health extension workers certificate (CHEW), and must also not be older than 28.
The statement further read: “Application into the category of RMAII requires a minimum of 5 credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB and must include Mathematics and English Language. For RMAIII, the requirement is a minimum of 3 credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB. Applicants into the two categories of RMAs must not be more than 27 years of age.”
Kazeem said artisans and tradesmen fall into the same categories of RMAs, however, they must possess a minimum of four passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB, have trade test or other professional certificates, as well as a valid class of drivers licence (for drivers and bikers), and must not be more than 28.
He said applications to any of the cadres can be done through FRSC website (www.recruitment.frsc.gov.ng).
Shortlisted candidates are expected to come along with a print out of their forms as well as the acknowledgment slip for screening.
The FRSC said the exercise attracts no fee and that applications must be submitted within six weeks of the publication of the advert.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

JOB

BREAKING: Nigeriasenator, 1 other legislator dump APC, join ADC

Published

on

Senator Abdul-Azeez Nyako representing Adamawa Central district and Rufai Umar representing Gombi constituency in Adamawa House of Assembly have formally announced their defection from All Progressives Congress (APC) to African Democratic Congress (ADC).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the two legislators announced their defection Monday, July 16.

They made the announcement at a stakeholders meeting and inauguration of ADC congress committee for Adamawa in Yola.

The lawmakers said they were compelled to leave APC with their supporters due to injustice done to them during the recent congresses of APC in Adamawa.

“We are hopeful and pray to God that this step taken will be better for us.

“Justice is the foundation for everything good and we want to enjoin ADC to ensure justice to all so that more people will come and join,” Abdul-Azzez said.

GREEN PARROT learnt that Rufai Umar urged members of ADC to embark on membership drive in Adamawa, adding that many people had been contacting him to get membership card of the party.

Speaking at the event, the acting chairman of ADC in Adamawa, Alhaji Mijinyawa Kugama, said the party was committed to justice for all.

“We are going to ensure that everyone is carried along in the party during our congress starting from July 24,” Kugama said.

Kugama reportedly explained that the initial 700 membership cards given to each of the 21 local government areas of the state had been exhausted, adding that another batch of cards would be released.

Speaking also, the national secretary of ADC, Alhaji Saidu Baba-Abdullahi, expressed happiness over the development and assured all members of equal rights and justice.

“I am satisfied with what I saw here today. I have visited 18 states so far, but there was nowhere ADC is so glaring like Adamawa,” Baba-Abdullahi said.

Continue Reading

JOB

Another Nigerian Man Assassinated By Gunmen In South Africa (Graphic Photo)

Published

on

The killings of Nigerians in South Africa has continued following the brutal murder of another man who was attacked by unknown assailants. A video footage which was posted online shows the moment the man was left dead in the pool of his blood after the assassination.
The man was shot in the head at a point blank rage while returning from an outing. His car key, phone and wallet were left untouched by the assassins as he had already died beside his car before people gathered to rush him to the hospital.
In the video, his Nigerian friends can be heard crying and lamenting in Igbo language about the increasing rate of killing of citizens in South Africa as they asked what is happening in the country.
According to reports, over 117 Nigerians have been extra-judicially killed in South Africa between 2016 and 2018 for one flimsy reason or the other.

Continue Reading

JOB

JUST IN: Court orders disengagement of 245 NITDA workers (SEE REASON)

Published

on

The National Industrial Court, Abuja, on Thursday affirmed the disengagement of 245 workers of the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA.
Justice Simisola Adeniyi, in her judgment said the failure of all the 245 claimants to tender their letters of employment was fatal to their case.
“Although the 245 claimants were employed on the same day, their contracts of employment were different.
“Therefore, all the letters of employment and acceptance letters of the claimants should have been tendered in evidence before the court,” she said.
Adeniyi said that the three letters of employment tendered, stated that it was a probationary employment.
The judge said that the defendant had the right to either confirm or terminate the claimants’ employment at the end of the probation period.
The judge said that what the three claimants that tendered their letters of employment should have sought for was their unpaid salaries and allowances.
“Since there is no evidence before the court to show calculations of the remuneration due to them, I find and hold that the claimants are not entitled to general damages.
“This case is lacking in merit and it is hereby dismissed accordingly in its entirety,” she said.
The claimants, through their counsel, Wilfred Otasowie, had sought for a declaration that their disengagement was illegal, null and void and of no effect.
They also asked for reinstatement, payment of their salaries and N500 million as general damages.
The counsel said the claimants were duly employed, and given appointment letters.
He said that after their documentation and while awaiting for their posting, they were notified of their disengagement through a newspaper publication in August 2016.
Ibrahim Attahiru, the defendant’s counsel in his submission, said the employment of the claimants in November 2015, was marred with irregularities, while due process was not followed.
Attahiru said that interviews were not conducted and letters of employment were issued before approval was given.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: