Connect with us

Metro News

Woman strangles her baby to death then throws corpse inside pit toilet

Published

on

Family and friends have been left completely shocked after a businesswoman reportedly strangled her own baby to death and threw its corpse into a latrine. One Rabiat Mustapha, a 30-year-old businesswoman in Sokoto, has been remanded in prison custody over alleged murder of her baby born out of wedlock.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, Mustapha, who resides at Asada area of Sokoto, is facing a two-count of criminal conspiracy and preventing a child from being borne or causing it die after birth.

The accused pleaded guilty to the charge.

The Chief Magistrate, Abubakar Adamu, however, said the court lacked jurisdiction over the matter but ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody.

Adamu adjourned the case until April 9 for a mention and possible transfer to a court of competent jurisdiction.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Cpl. Umar Rabiu told the court that the accused committed the offences on March 3 at Asada area of Sokoto.

Rabiu said that the woman conceived out of wedlock and gave birth to a baby boy which she strangled to death and threw the body into a pit latrine.

He said the offence contravened Section 235 of the Penal Code.

It’s really sad that a mother will subject her little baby to this kind of brutality, also another mother was in the news recently for reportedly stuffing her newborn baby into her purse and then went shopping with it for sexy lingerie at Manhattan’s Victoria’s Secret.

A search by the security guards at the shop who noticed a bad smell coming from her bag after suspecting her of shoplifting, uncovered the newborn baby’s corpse.

Prosecutors who charged Tiona Rodriguez with murder further busted Facebook messages to a friend in which she callously talked about the child’s death.

Please follow and like us:
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Bike man loses his private part after dropping passenger

Published

on

 

In Lagos, a bike man has held down a passenger who reportedly made his private part disappear » after touching him with a magical ring.

This was captured in a video fast circulating online media. The incident occurred on Tuesday, September 18, 2018, in Omole Phase 2, Ikeja according to an IG post.

The victim » places a firm grip on the waist of a man believed to be passenger. He seemed determined not to let him go.

A motorist who witnessed the development was heard in the clip asking questions about how his manhood came to be missing.

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Metro News

Boko Haram hits another military base in Borno

Published

on

 

Soldiers and members of the Boko Haram sect are currently engaged in a gun battle at a military location in Damasak, Borno state.

The insurgents reportedly launched an attack on a military base in the area around 5pm on Wednesday.

A military source said the insurgents stormed the town with anti-air craft guns, bombs and other weapons.

Texas Chukwu, army spokesman, has confirmed the attack, saying soldiers are on top of the situation.

The incident comes less than a week after Boko Haram fighters struck at a military location in Gudumbali, Guzamala local government area.

Some witnesses said soldiers were killed in the attack but the army denied losing anyone.

In its renewed campaign of violence, the insurgents have been carrying out attacks on military locations in the north-east.

Commenting on this Ahmad Salkida, a journalist known to have access to the leadership of the sect, said Boko Haram had been overrunning military formations and piling up arms for something “big”.

“The insurgents are busy piling up arms, by overrunning one military base, after another, for something “big” and what could that be?” he had tweeted last week.

Salkida added that in the history of insurgency in Nigeria, no year has been as bad as 2018 in terms of the killing of military personnel by Boko Haram fighters.

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Metro News

Catholic priest shot dead in Imo

Published

on

 

Jude Egbuom, a Catholic priest, has been murdered in Nkwerre local government area of Imo state.

According to PUNCH, Egbuom, who was the presiding priest of St. Patrick’s Catholic Parish in Amucha, Njaba LGA, was attackedat a barber’s shop where he had gone to have a hair cut around 8pm on Monday.

The armed attackers reportedly demanded his car keys and when he resisted, he was shot alongside an unidentified young man who was with him.

“The circumstances surrounding the killing of the priest indicated that it was a case of armed robbery,” a native of the community was quoted to have said.

“It could not have been a case of assassination, who did the gentle priest offend? He was from our community, Nkwerre and was doing his missionary work at Njaba, a nearby LGA. ”

Confirming the attack, Andrew Enwerem, police spokesman in the state, said Dasuki Galadanchi, commissioner of police, has deployed the tactical unit of the command to investigate the killings.

“The incident is confirmed. Rev Fr.Jude Egbuom of St Patrick’s Catholic parish Amucha was murdered last night,” he said.

“Another person whose identity had yet to be known was also killed by the hoodlums. The priest was in his priestly regalia when they shot him dead.”

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Trending

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

%d bloggers like this: